Small Things 2-15-13
1. Well, we didn’t all die in a fiery collision with either an asteroid OR a meteorite. So yay us! Go planet Earth! (& yikes, Siberia. You really do have shit luck as far as just about everything, but especially rocks from space. Sheesh. Sorry.)
2. Hen’s favorite place in the house these days is playing on Nellie’s bed (aka: my & The Boy’s bed, aka: The QE2). He likes our pillows and down comforter and snuggles in, directing me until everything is quite to his liking–pillows fluffed, bunny procured, toes covered. Then he tells me where I will be allowed to ‘nap’–usually in a tiny corner without any pillows or blanket.
This afternoon after he’d been pretending to snore for a couple of minutes he sat bolt upright and said, “but Mommy, where’s your bunny? You definitely can’t take a nap without your bunny.”
There are days when the cute is almost overwhelming.
3. Fortunately, those days are also balanced by the fact that he’s 2 and therefore a completely irrational little shit, sometimes. Later this same afternoon, he was having a hard time deciding between cocoa or cold milk. He settled the question by staring at my face, opening his mouth, and shrieking like a velociraptor til his breath gave out.
Milk it is…
4. OMG you all are wonderful. So many great new books we’ve never seen! I can’t wait for our next trip to the library!
5. My husband finished the book he’s been working on for a couple of years and I’m really really excited about it–both for him, because I’m a supportive spouse & all, but also because i just finished reading it and it rocked my socks off. This is an awesome book and I’m sort of astonished all over again that the guy who wrote this wants to give me the time of day.
Now here’s hoping he can find new representation and sell this sucker!